Friday, March 31, 2006

Hitch

The romantic comedy viewathon continues....

I like Hitch. A lot of it's smart. The parts that weren't were tolerable.

I find Will Smith a little on the annoying side when he's being goofy, but luckily most of this film he was non-goofy. For example, when we see the flashback that shows his "history" and why he is the way he is ... goofy. Luckily, as I said, not too much of that so I can forgive it. Eva Mendes held her own with him, making their evolving relationship fun to watch.

Adam Arkin was terrific as her boss. I really liked the way his character was written, with a little more sensitivity than that role would typically have.

But to me the heart of the story was the subplot with Kevin James and Amber Valleta. Perfectly cast -- I found their unlikely love story charming and oddly believable. I'm not a fan of King of Queens so was caught off guard by James's sweetness in this role.

A nice movie, fun and sweet.

What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sophzilla said...

I agree. Kevin James was incredibly, surprisingly, sweet in this movie. I watched it 2.5 times on a flight back from Europe last summer (the other options were terrible).

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home