Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Getting Things Done



Okay, so I read this book and cleaned my office.

And organized it.

Now there is a floor. And things have a "place." And I can even put things in their place. And I even do it.

If that doesn't scare you, then keep reading.

Getting Things Done -- I read the book and then downloaded it from audible (see sidebar) and it's terrific.

Try doing a google search for "getting things done" or "gtd" and you'll see how many people love this book and system.

While you're at it, go to flickr and put in "gtd" and just see what people are taking pictures of and posting.

Don't forget to check out some of the sites dedicated to implementing GTD in all its variations. There's the obvious (the author's own site and then the first site I actually stumbled across, 43 Folders.

If you need to get control of the "stuff" in your life -- whether it's physical stuff, or the stress that weighs you down and the commitments you can't keep up with and the things your brain is always nagging you about -- check out this book.

It might be what you're looking for. It's sure been a revelation to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Cornell said...

I like your description of GTD, Patricia - nice.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sophzilla said...

I am a freak/nerd about time management. Thanks for the tip. I'm putting it on my Audible next listen list!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home