Thursday, February 23, 2006

10 Things I Hate About You


This is a very fun movie. It makes me want to see the original (Taming of the Shrew) again, just to see how closely it follows it. But it's fun and smart enough and well cast and has solid performances, and of course, a fresh and funny script.

I'll admit that I would not have picked up a dose of Heath-love from this film, I don't think. But I'm sure that's just me, instead of anything that is Heath's fault. And of course having seen Brokeback Mountain twice, I am kind of amazed that it's the same guy. Wow.

And while I'm admitting stuff -- I think the "Miss Perky" thing was just plain silly and detracted from the far more interesting interactions between the students.

All that aside -- this is a fun update of a fun classic, and I love when that works.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Oh yeah, great line!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home