Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Brokeback Mountain


My friend wept at the end of this film. I didn't, but that doesn't mean I didn't think it amazing. She thought it was the best film she'd seen of the class of 2005. I can't remember any better. Gary Thompson of the Philadelphia Daily News summed up my reaction when he said, "Brokeback" is not always a great movie, but it has great moments.

This is why I can't be a reviewer -- because the things I'd like to say about my reactions to the film would feel too much like spoilers to me. I wish I'd known less about it before I saw it. I think anybody who sees it would benefit from knowing as little as possible, by having as few preconceived notions as possible.

Phenomenal performances, especially by Heath Ledger. This is definitely worth seeing and forming your own opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home